Feb 22, 2007

A Catemaco Adios

He was a bear of a man, way over 250 lbs, with a head and heart the size of an Olmeca statue.
He was one of the first “guys” I met in Catemaco during my partying days before my Popoluca captured me. We shared many a “chella” (beer) at Chellos, a barely upscale dive on the carretera running through Catemaco.

He did automotive body work for a living and relieved me of a fender bender once and again. In the last few years we drifted apart, except for an occasional bear hug.
He died 2 nights ago, cheese holed by 7 large caliber bullets. Probably involving drugs as I am now finding out.

He should have stuck to beer!

Beautiful downtown Catemaco, Veracruz does not seem very beautiful right now.

Noticiero Veracruz:
EJECUTAN A PEPE TORO SE DEDICABA A PINTAR AUTOMOVILES EN CATEMACO.