May 27, 2006

Catemaco horse apples


Open Letter to the Catemaco Mayor.

Thank you for buying those dozens of benches now gracing the Malecon with the insignia of your term of office and "ESCAPATE AL PARAISO. That is a very nice slogan to read, especially once I am already here and sitting on my paradise.

A few days ago you sponsored a cavalcada on the flanks of the San Martin Volcano. Apparently this was a remarkable event, 80 horse riders passing from Cuauthemoc to Perla San Martin. It must have been a wonderful experience, and I wish someone had informed me ahead of time so I and my harem could have participated.

That brings me to the point of this open letter. I realize Mexican journalism depends on financial contributions from news sources to create "news". Would it be possible to scrounge some pesos from the Catemaco budget and publish a weekly legitimate ad in a newspaper, (unfortunately all situated in San Andres Tuxtla), which would announce all upcoming events in beautiful uptown and downtown Catemaco?

I hate being on the wrong end of a horse.